Saturday, August 6, 2011

My prayer for this blog

On this day set aside for fasting and praying for the soul of our nation,
I come to You in fear and trembling, merciful Savior.

Apart from You, I can do nothing.

Outside of You, I am nothing.

I pray that all that I am, be all for You.

As I begin this new journey of journaling,
I ask you to help me lay down
each word,
each thought,
each story
on the altar of Your glory.

Let nothing come out of my mind and onto this screen
that does not shout Your praise,
sing Your truth,
scream Your inutterable majesty.

Lord, help me.

Other than the bits of You swirling inside me,
I am a complete mess.

I will never have it all figured out this side of eternity.
But I know the One who does,
and all my heart truly longs to do is
to reflect and enjoy Your beauty and mercy
sprinkled through my everyday, run-of-the-mill,
fleeting vapor of a life...
even if the only one who ever reads about it is You, Lord.

May it all be for the glory of the One
who redeemed and
is still refining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment